Friday, February 4, 2011

Eat, sleep, now repeat.

We are a constant cyclone of repeating interests, emotions, possibilities. The vortex of the cyclone being the individual you, or me. Unchanged and unchallenged by time, by fear, and anything else. This cyclone, our cyclone, carves out patterns in its path. Patterns intricate and temporary, but the strong ones stay etched, and for a while so.

I've had the urge to go back to blogging ever since the national service stint, but after a failed image-based attempt on tumblr and the realisation that I have, in fact, nosy platoon mates, I'd decided to call it off. Call it off and wait for the right time... and there never was a right time. Until now, I guess.

I am a week away from the end of my twenty-two long months in the army. And although we always remind each other with the comforting words "the end is near", I can now safely say that the end of this arduous phase is finally and really on its way.

Strangely so, I feel like I've taken the past year to set my compass down, aiming and re-aiming its course, losing track of my bearings here and there. But now I know where the path to home is. And I'm following it, warily so but relieved almost, in my own little way. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment